POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A couple of isosurfaces : A couple of isosurfaces Server Time
18 May 2024 00:57:23 EDT (-0400)
  A couple of isosurfaces
From: Tek
Date: 8 Jul 2010 08:25:01
Message: <web.4c35c2cf80efe655caa39c860@news.povray.org>
I keep e-mailing myself things I made in my lunch break to post here when I get
home, and then I get home and don't switch the PC on... :-/ So I'm posting via
the web interface in my lunch break instead*.

Anyway, here's a couple of isosurfaces I came up with recently. Both are very
slow, but quite pretty (IMO).

The reinforced concrete is an inverse isosurface, differerenced with a block. I
wanted to see if I could carve a realistic decay into an object without needing
the shape of the object itself to be an isosurface.

The other picture is a substance I've christened Greebelium :) It's a
multi-fractal based on crackle metric 1 (3 octaves, scale and amplitude reduced
by 1/4 with each octave).

What do you think?
Anyone want source with that?

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com

*Grammar fail, my lunch break has a web interface?

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'decay.jpg' (76 KB)

Preview of image 'decay.jpg'